There have been several studies recently on the benefits a doula can have on your birth outcome. Many people still assume that a doula is only for those who want a “natural” birth. Doulas are there to support a laboring woman in whatever way that woman desires. Whether you are having an unmedicated birth, an epidural, an induction, or a caesarean a doula can support you through your pregnancy and labor.
Top 10 reasons you should hire a doula:
- A doula has knowledge and experience about labor and birth to provide answers to questions about the birthing process
- A doula provides constant support during labor
- A doula supports you before and after labor, not just during it.
- A doula learns your wishes and desires for your labor and birth and helps you achieve them
- A doula provides support to your partner so they feel confident and comfortable assisting during labor
- A doula can help lower birth risks
- A doula helps you get information for informed decision making
- A doula can help you with breastfeeding if that’s what you desire
- A doula provides encouragement and support without judgement
- A doula is there for YOU! Her primary focus is supporting you however you need.